Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Galaxies

Over the past 24 hours, Adam and I have had some very tough conversations. The long distance thing is starting to take its toll and we are both a bit fed up with it. The financial strain is difficult for us both to deal with and there are still some unresolved issues from the past floating around. We both had a pretty shitty week.

communicating about feelings and emotional stuff is difficult, but we gave it our best shot and I think we're both feeling a bit better. I am very confident that we will be able to ride out the next few months and things will improve greatly once we're both in the same state. We are a great team and I think once we get past this difficult first bit, 2007's going to be a great year for us.

Tonight, I am doing something which I am very excited about. Laura Veirs is playing at the Corner Hotel and I will be there. Unfortunately I am going alone, but that's ok, as long as I get to see her play I'll be happy.

The reason I've brought this up is that I was listening to her latest CD today, Year Of Meteors, and the lyrics of this song are a beautiful description of what it's like to be in love with someone as beautiful as Adam:

When you sing, when you sing
The stars fill up my eyes
Galaxies pour down my cheeks
Galaxies!
Galaxies they flood the street
Galaxies!

When we dance, when we dance
Eels and seagrass float on by
I'm ten thousand leagues beneath the sea
Ten thousand leagues!
Ten thousand leagues beneath the green
Ten thousand leagues!

When we kiss, when we kiss
Bears and boulders vibrate through the air
Gravity is dead you see
No gravity!
All I need is beating red
No gravity!

4 Comments:

Blogger TryingTimes said...

Sniff!
(wipes away a tear)


TT.

January 24, 2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger meva said...

You're a gorgeous girl! What a lovely, lovely post.

Maybe it's getting harder because you're both on the home straight. Bring on March, eh? That's when Adam gets back?

January 24, 2007 10:16 PM  
Blogger Jac said...

I went to Laura Veirs' myspace and listened to that song.. it's gorgeous! I might just have to look into this girl :)

Adam's a total dude. Thinks will defs pick up when he gets back to Melbourne. Even though we'll all miss him up here!

I ran into him today! :)

January 25, 2007 12:08 AM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

TT - You are such a sensitive guy!! Awwwww....

Why thankyou Meva, that's a very sweet thing to say. I think you're right, the last bit of the race is always the hardest... all that lactic acid! Yes mid-March is The Return Of The Ninja.

Hi Jac, can't believe you ran into him! Actually yes I can. Brisbane is not that big!

If you liked Galaxies I think you would like the Year of Meteors album, and also Carbon Glacier. If you go to her actual website you can listen to 3 or 4 tracks from each album and get a feel for it, that's how I got addicted!!

Laura was pretty good live, her voice was a bit hit and miss, which I expected - she is a very unconventional singer. But great guitar work and her drummer (Tucker Martine) was awesome - best hair in rock n roll. Kind of this sideswept mop, a bit like a Muppet crossed with a Ken Doll. It was just the two of them so there were a lot of gaps in the songs, I would like to see her play with a bigger band and lots of those harmonies!!

January 25, 2007 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home