Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mere Male

When I was a kid I used to love those Mere Male pages in New Idea...

Listen up

I was telling MM about the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus - the section about why men don't listen. After 10 minutes I asked what he thought. "Sorry, I wasn't listening," was the answer. Melissa, Toowoomba, QLD

Wet behind the ears

We were running towards my car in the pouring rain when my boyfriend said: 'Who would have thought rain could be this wet'. It wasn't until I started laughing that I realised he meant what he'd said! K Trimper, Renmark, SA

A real one happened to me today:
Soap Suds

I needed to do some washing at MM's apartment and the only detergent I could find was a bottle of Earth's Choice Dishwashing Liquid next to the washing machine. I asked MM whether he kept his washing powder somewhere else. " HOLY CRAP!! I've been using dishwashing detergent to wash my clothes for months, I didn't even notice!! Que imbecile!" Well, at least he was looking after the environment. Aussie Rock Chick, Melbourne, VIC
I'm off to the shops now to get some laundry powder...

5 Comments:

Blogger BEVIS said...

As a Mere Male, I'd take offense to this post on principle; but nah ... fair enough. The evidence is all stacked firmly in your favour.

January 05, 2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's such a boy thing to do!!

Wouldn't dishwashing liquid smell kind of weird compared to the lovely fresh laundry smell?

January 06, 2007 8:27 AM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Funnily enough, the dishwashing liquid actually seemed to do a better job than the proper stuff!!

I did a load yesterday, using a little less than the recommended amount of powder, and the clothes came out with bits of powder and sticky soapy stuff all over them. Even after I rinsed them again, there was still some left. For my next load I used a quarter of the recommended dose. If it does it again, I might revert back to the dishwashing liquid!!

January 06, 2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

*snicker* i love seeing this other side of Adam, what a ripsnorter!

But like you said, at least it was good for the environment!

January 06, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Enny said...

"hehheh" at adam's expense!

(Nice to 'kinda' meet you!)

January 07, 2007 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home