Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I got my boy back!

Yes, the ninja has finally moved back home!! Hooray!!!

It has been an interesting week, with us both adjusting to living with each other again, and cramming two houses worth of stuff into one. We definitely need a bigger place!

For the first few days we were ships passing in the night as I had meetings till midnight (yes its a glamorous life i lead). Adam gets up at 6am so we didn't even see each other in the mornings.

The weekend was a bit more fun, we got to hang out on the couch a bit and go to an engagement party. I know it sounds so boring but I love it!! We are both so 'go go go' all the time that any downtime, especially together, is awesome.

We have started looking for a new place, and let me tell you there is nothing out there! Well no three bedroom places within a cooee of the city anyway. Oh my god, did I just say cooee? Who am I, Alf from Home and Away??? Is that even how you spell cooee??

At least we have plenty of time to find somewhere, our current lease is not running out or anything so there's no deadline. However we are both, particularly Adam, impatient to find something soon and get things set up the way we want, with separate music & ninja studios.

Another thing we have done this week is started the Body For Life 12 week challenge. Now I know this is not very rock n roll, and I promise to not let this become a weight-loss blog, but it is a fairly significant thing to embark on so I thought I'd mention it. Neither of us are particularly overweight, we are more wanting to tone up and build muscle, but it does mean that six days a week we have to eat 6 low fat meals per day and also work out every day. The seventh day is rest day - yay! - when we get to eat whatever the heck we want. How cool is that?!

So... we are adjusting to a new way of eating at the same time as getting used to living together... yes this could be a recipe for disaster, I know. But I'm pretty confident we'll just kick each other's asses and get through it. We're a pretty good team.

What else... oh yeah, my band played on Saturday night. Our current drummer is in Japan so we asked our old drummer Wes if he could play. We had a rehearsal during the day which felt like he had never left, and the gig was heaps of fun. The place was not massively packed but it was respectable. Some new friends I've met in various places came, which was nice, and some old friends of Adam also showed up to welcome him home. The drive home was funny, all my gear was crammed into the Echo meaning only one person could fit. Rather than one of us catch a cab though, Adam drove and I climbed in the passenger seat. The massive keyboard case was where my head should go so I had to squinch down, and if we stopped quickly I had to duck my head into Adam's lap to avoid decapitation. Add to this the fact that Adam may not have been completely under the limit (he was closer than I was though - a slight miscommunication about who was driving home) so he drove very carefully avoiding all possible police hideouts. We were rather relieved to pull up at home!

Better get back to it but if anyone has a 3BR house to rent within a few k's of Melbourne please let me know!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jac said...

yaay! glad to know you're both safe and well.

we were beginning to think that you were involved in some horrible (strangely un-newsworthy) plane crash

Now, your mission if you choose to accept it is to get Adam to UPDATE goddamit!

House hunting sucks balls. But hopefully the right place will find you :)

March 27, 2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

woohoo for having Adam home! Glad the drive home from the gig didn't end in decapitation, that would have made updating a trifle tricky I think!

March 28, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

.ylefas kcab tog uoy ees ot dooG

March 30, 2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger Sloth said...

Have you called anyone a "flaming mongrel" or a "flaming dingo"?

If not you ane not Alf from Home and away.

If so please seek help imediatly.

March 30, 2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

huzzah! it's good to hear from you again and i'm glad that your ninja is now safe with you at home with your crazy robot dog (how IS he by the way? the dog i mean).

have you seen the pics from nF5 yet? lots of funnies there...

March 30, 2007 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home