Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It has been seven days since my last confession...

Forgive me bloggers for I have sinned. It has been seven days since my last blog session. Oh well, I never promised to be good at this!!

Ok, so! What's been happening??



Good question! The last week has just flown by - aided no doubt by a visit from a certain handsome ninja over the weekend. Not long to go now kids, only four weeks till I have my ninja back for good. Yay!!


So...

Had a hot dinner date on Valentine's day with... a bunch of nerds. IT nerds, more specifically. It was a production meeting for the radio IT show I work on - very classy - pizza and beer/wine and tech talk. Now is that a hot date or what??? Actually they are all very lovely people and seeing as I would have been alone otherwise what with Adam being in the wrong freaking state, it worked out quite well. And I think we got a lot accomplished at our meeting.

Did a graveyard shift on Thurs night which screwed up my sleeping patterns for a few days. It was so hot I only managed to get four hours sleep after arriving home at 6:30am, so when it came time to pick Adam up from the airport at five past midnight Friday night, I was kind of in a daze. Sparked up a bit when I saw him though!!

We had a great weekend together despite the stifling heat. My valentines gift to him was two tickets to Tenacious D in The Pick Of Destiny diligently mailed up to Brisbane in time for Valentine's day. Which Adam then managed to leave in Brisbane. Fortunately the cinema staff were very understanding and allowed us to see the movie without our tickets. See, that's how charming we are. Anyway the movie was awesome - totally stupid and cheesy but hilarious. Anyone who likes rock or Jack Black should definitely see it!!

After the movie we shopped somewhat successfully for exercise gear and took some "before" photos. Adam and I are going to start a 12-week fitness program as soon as he moves back home, but I thought since I have already started on the weight & cardio training, it might make more sense to take the before shots now, before my body starts to change. We are going to try and do the program exactly by the book, and I'm really excited to see what results we can achieve together.

Then we went to the gym together (are you vomiting yet?) and did our 20 mins cardio before hitting the beach. By this time it was about 5:30pm, it was still stinking hot and the beach was VERY pleasant!! We just walked with our banana lounges to one of the beaches near our house and it was SO nice!! I love the beach so much!!! I'm really gonna miss it if we move...

Mich met us as the sun was sinking. After lounging for a bit longer the three of us decided to head over the Westgate to Williamstown for dinner. We picked a random restaurant and had quite a nice meal, and a glass of wine that went straight to my head. And an ice cream - yum! I don't have ice cream very often any more, it's such a treat!

On Sunday, Adam and I played mums and dads: wearing straw hats, digging holes in the garden, putting a heap of junk on the front lawn, using secateurs... it actually felt great!! I am going through such a cleansing phase at the moment, clearing out all this junk feels terrific.

Then we met the Fianckies (that's what we call them), Sandra and Lee, for a late lunch. They were in between a wedding and a reception, with several hours to kill. Can I just say this is a stupid custom!!! Why do newlyweds need to pose for photos for FOUR HOURS while the guests have to find something else to do? In formal wear, no less. Surely wedding photos should be about capturing the moment, not standing round forcing smiles for hours and hours while your flowers wilt and your makeup runs. And the ceremony was in a family garden as well, so it wasn't like they couldn't have had the wedding just before the reception!!

Anyway, it meant we did get to steal Sandra & Lee for a few hours and have quite a delicious and hilarious lunch of crap-talking. Lee is about the only person I've met who talks as much crap as Adam. Or almost as much. So between them there was much silliness.

I reluctantly took Adam to the airport that evening - it's weird, it should be getting easier because the end is near but it doesn't seem to be. The opposite, even.

Then I went home and wallowed in the first episode of Grey's Anatomy, and flicked between the So You Think You Can Dance finale and whatever the show was called that was on after Grey's. What About Somebody. Anyway I liked it, it was just the sort of crap I enjoy on a Sunday night after a busy weekend.

This week has been business as usual. I have been hitting the gym first thing every morning, which seems to be working well, and on Monday I had a fitness assessment of sorts. Basically he just measured me with a tape measure, didn't use those calliper things or anything, and didn't actually give me the results. But that's ok, at the end of my program at least I'll have something to compare with. The main reason I wanted to see him anyway was to get him to show me the correct way to do several of the exercises in my book, which he did, and was very helpful. He was impressed by my determination and wants to see me at the end of the program to see how I went.

Yesterday I had another singing session with Hayley and we chose another song. Anyone like Fleetwood Mac? Rhiannon it is! We both love Fleetwood Mac and it's got some great stuff for me to work on in it. And I really like the lyrics. Very exciting!! I'm thinking next week we might do something by Camille... a little ambitious maybe, especially as it's mostly in French, but fun to try!!

After my lesson I got waxed as usual, only I got a little more, or a little less, than I expected.

I did a small business course last year and one of the friends I made was a beauty therapist who was opening up a salon. Since it opened I have been getting waxed by her and since the beginning she has been trying to convince me to go Brazilian. I have firmly resisted. All I want is to not have sideburns when I wear a bikini. I'm really not interested in my bits looking like those of a 10 year old! So... every time she waxes me she goes a little bit higher. Normally she's quite subtle about it. This time... well let's just say she has left a tiny strip. And, it hurt like hell!!! Girls, when someone tries to tell you a Brazilian is no more painful than a regular bikini wax, it just goes for longer, don't listen!!! Some of those bits are very sensitive!!! Ouch!!

Now... if I just had someone in the same freakin state to appreciate her handiwork, it might be worth it!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Pffft, who gets waxed the day after their boyfriend travels interstate?

February 21, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Pffft, who travels interstate the day before their girlfriend gets waxed???


Huh?

February 21, 2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

pfft, who tells everyone (including her boyfriends best friend) about getting waxed, knowing she will have to see them soon?

February 21, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

p.s. To Dalour is her best song

also, ever heard Fabienne Delsol?

February 21, 2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Just be grateful I didn't post a photo. Now that would have been too much information!!

Anyway girls talk about waxing all the time. Don't you know anything??

No I've never heard of Fabienne Delsol. I will look her up...

February 21, 2007 4:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goddamn freakin painful but kinda addictive in that you do it once and never look back (or look back in horror and just keep on running)

February 21, 2007 10:58 PM  
Blogger Sloth said...

Doesn't it itch?
The regroth that is.

February 22, 2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger kiki said...

p.p.s. i wasn't vomiting about the gym attending with company, but i did begin to dry reach once you mentioned grey's anatomy

February 22, 2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Mermaid: Yes I can see how one could get addicted... I think its the knowledge that if you never let it grow out it will never be that painful to have removed!

Sloth: We will see... (i may or may not keep you posted)

Kiki: Oh come on, it's such a frickin good show! Ask anyone.

February 22, 2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

PS: Keeks, who is this "best friend" you are referring to? Adam always tells me he doesn't have any friends.

February 22, 2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love camille. You're right, it'll be a challenge.

I've only just caught up, and saw you didn't go to the St Kilda festival on the sunday. You should have, hung over or not. It was awesome. Except for the freaking wind and sun. And the subsequent burning. But it was awesome. And I only saw three bands (Blue King Brown, The Audreys and Regurgiator).

As for waxing, I'm far too scared to let wax touch me anywhere that isn't on view to the general public.

February 22, 2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger TryingTimes said...

The waxing thing...

It does hurt but it's not a show-stopper.

But I shave...
:)



TT.

February 23, 2007 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home