Tuesday, February 13, 2007

10 Things I Hate About Today

1. Woke up with a sore throat.

2. Can barely walk due to doing calf exercises yesterday for the first time ever.

3. Chester crapped on the carpet. Again. I just got the smell out from last time.

4. Smashed a glass while barefoot.

5. Lix Gelati on Chapel St has become Kebab Mania. (Good thing we left South Yarra)

6. Trying to transfer a track from my minidisc to my PC took about two hours. Sony suck.

7. Once I finally transferred the track, emailing it took another two hours. Outlook sucks.

8. A friend emailed me saying her partner is suffering some alarming depression symptoms. Just after I read the email another friend called me & talked for an hour about her depression.

9. Driving in peak hour in a manual sucks.

10. The video shop didn't have Sex & The City series 4, or Grey's Anatomy series 2.

I could go on. Shitty day. Sorry.




On the plus side...

1. The hairdresser gave me a refund for overcharging me the other day.

2. I made it to the express post box just as the mailman was emptying it at 2 minutes to 6.

3. Chester is much less sick than he was on Sunday.

4. I had the opportunity to give feedback - positive and negative - about two new mixes on the album. And so far it has been taken on board.

5. I got a CD review done that I have been putting off for a week (didn't like the album).

6. I only got charged $2 for the DVD I returned because it was scratched to shit and some episodes unwatchable.

7. The band bank account almost has enough in it to pay all our bills. (I have been worried it wouldn't get close)

8. Tonight's rehearsal was cancelled. Sore throat + calf muscles = really can't be bothered.

9. I got the sore throat 3 days after the gig instead of before (like usual).

10. Three more sleeps till I see Adam.


It may sound like I lead a pathetic small life. Some of you are thinking - geez, if they're your worst problems, you've got it made. You may be right. But every now and then everyone loses perspective, and what may be small things in isolation can snowball and become a Very Bad Day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Well, it's only 2 more sleeps now...


Happy Valentines the day plus times!

February 14, 2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger TryingTimes said...

I can cure number 2.

Stop exercsing the calves. And any other cattle you've got milling about.

Let them exercise theirselves, they're big enough to look after things, OK?



TT.

February 20, 2007 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home