Friday, February 09, 2007

Hair!

WOOOO!!!! I have new hair!! I figured since I've had the same style for a while now, and my sister recently got pretty much the exact same cut, it was time for a change.

And change I did!

Here's a sneaky peek:


















Ok so it's not the most flattering angle (makes my chest looks huge!!) but you get the idea. PINK & PURPLE!!! Yay!!!

Weird since I have been wearing so much red lately... but I just had pink in my head for some reason. The hairdresser assured me it won't clash and I think she's right, it looks ok next to my red singlet - kind of gerbera colours I suppose.


Yesterday I forgot some news... Sandra (v. good friend, recently engaged) asked me to play piano as she walks down the aisle. "Are you sure??" I said, a bit shocked. She has never really seen me play piano, only keyboards in a rock band. But she has faith that I will do a good job and I'm extremely flattered. I'm guessing she didn't read my post about playing at that disastrous funeral recently... thank goodness she's not an internerd!! But that was with 2 days notice, for this one I have 14 months, so it should be enough!

So. Now I don't have to feel left out of the whole thing (several other close friends are bridesmaids) and I don't have to go through the rigmarole of dress fittings, photo shoots, etc. I can do my little 2 min bit and then enjoy the rest of the day with Adam etc. YAY!

Ok, off to St Kilda shortly for a beach party - part of the St Kilda Festival on this weekend. Paris is organising the bands etc for tonight so I want to support her - plus - it's a fabulous day!! What more could a rock chick want... beach, bands, beer (or some less yeasty substitute... mmm vodka...) and the best of them all - SUNSHINE!!!

Happy place! :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger meva said...

I love the hair! It looks great with red!

February 09, 2007 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks rad!
dargs

February 10, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

What's wrong with the angle of the shot making your chest look huge, if I may ask? I thought that could only be a good thing?

February 11, 2007 12:43 AM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Well I think it looks weirdly, disproportionately big, rather than hubba-hubba big. Perhaps you are confusing "chest" with "boobs"?

February 12, 2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger Enny said...

OMG I love your hair. I've ALWAYS wanted to do something like that, but it's definately more rock chick than public servant ;o) Was it expensive? Does the colour stay long?

I have to have a haircut before the wedding, but perhaps my next haircut AFTER that...?!

February 12, 2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

Enny - DO IT!!! You won't regret it!

Yeah it is kinda expensive but I don't think any more than blonde or red foils... it was easier for me I think because I already had the blonde bits there so the pink & purple went over the top of that. So maybe get some chunky blonde foils first and then when you get bored of that go the next step...

She said the colours should last 18-20 washes so 4-5 weeks for me. And when it fades you can go over it with the same or different colours.

I wouldn't worry too much about work - firstly you can get the colour done underneath the top layer of your hair so it's not that obvious, and secondly - as long as you do a good job and look neat - so what if you have a bit of funky colour in your hair??? You can get away with quite a lot these days, I've seen bank tellers etc with all kind of crazy hair!!

February 12, 2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

Hehe ... <snort> ... you said 'boobs'!! ... <snort>

As for me confusing 'chest' with 'boobs' ... yes. I always have that trouble.

(You should see me snigger when someone says "chest of drawers". I'm thinking, "Wow! I want me one of THOSE in the bedroom!" It's always a massive disappointment.)

February 15, 2007 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home