Thursday, January 04, 2007

Fucken Blogger

Goddamn it shitty shitty shit!!! There goes my tourette's again.

I just wrote the hugest post about our Pony gig on the Friday before Christmas, and was almost finished when somehow bumped something and it disappeared. I knew I should've saved it as I went. But fuckity fuck fuck I was so close!!! And it was so long!!! And I even made it interesting. Goddamn it!!!

Ok. Summary.

Got to soundcheck late.

Got absolutely poured on while loading into the venue. Good hair day ruined.

Dinner with Will while others got changed.

First band: Experimental/garage put-the-guitar-on-the-ground-and-kick-it to a backing of metal acoustic bass and roto-toms. Extremely loud.

Second band: Guy fucking around with an acoustic guitar and a laptop. Not impressed.

Third band: Great!

Paris: Trashed. Gaga over new guy she is seeing. Yet another lead singer who will probably break her heart.

Videographer: Strange but lovely. She is a 45 year old transgender film maker & artist we found on the net. She was very excited about the project and the clip she made looks great. Lot of high-contrast close-ups, very dramatic.

Hair: Improved. Dried in ringlets instead of the frizz I was expecting.

Our set: Went really well. Dave the new drummer did a great job. Managed to arrive from his other gig 15 min before we were due to play, a good effort! Last song gave my sister tears.

Party on: When a random guy shouted the band a round of beer after our set, I decided to leave my car there and taxi home. Good decision. Had heaps of fun with the other band members (gasp!) and random others. Great party atmosphere. The 2am band were great too, although the singer got a bit annoying. Ended up chatting to some guy for quite a long time. He was very intriguing. "I don't have friends" he told me. Very intelligent though, and quite funny. Very cute. Once I told him all about my relationship (I was very conscious of doing this after my discussion with Adam) he told me he was wasting his time with me. But he said he enjoyed my company so it didn't matter. We chatted about everything and nothing, he told me my long distance relationship isn't going to work and I assured him it already has worked, is working and will continue to work. I think he got it.

Left the venue at 5am or so, and caught a cab with another random guy I met in the street. Not like me, really. But I made a quick judgement that a) I wasn't that drunk, and b) he was trustworthy, and I was right. Not only that, he was a musician. Currently recording an album for one of the majors, collaborating with someone from a quite well known local band. What are the chances????

Sheepishly let myself into the house as the sun was rising at about 6am, confusing the hell out of Chester. I climbed straight into bed and collapsed into a deep, satisfied sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home