Thursday, December 14, 2006

After Sydney Came Brisbane...

Brisbane was great, a few days of relaxing with my boy.

Our friend Sammi has been living overseas for several years, but she is home for Christmas and was staying at her parents' flat on the Sunshine Coast. They were in Brisbane for the day, so she came to visit us and stayed the night. Sammi has recently gotten back together with Marc, her Canadian boyfriend, and is very excited about it. She sounds pretty sure that this time it's for real and I'm so happy for her. She is a gorgeous girl, very happy go lucky and positive and she deserves someone wonderful. Which by all accounts, Marc is.

The next day, we rented a convertible and drove up to the Sunshine Coast with the top down, singing at the top of our lungs. And I wonder why I had nodules!

The drive up was great, and when we reached Mooloolabah we had fish n chips by the beach. Awesome fish n chips!!!

We went to her parents' apartment and got ready for the beach. By the time we got there a big wad of clouds had made their way in front of the song, which was a bit disappointing. I didn't end up going in the water, I'm a complete wuss. Next time!!

Before the sun set Sammi wanted to take us up the mountain to check out some views, so we drove up with her in the driver's seat and me navigating! Ha, that's a joke. We managed not to get lost and the views were pretty spectacular. The town at the top of the mountain reminded me a lot of the towns in the Dandenongs in Victoria. I guess touristy little mountain towns are the same everywhere.

We topped off the day with dinner (Moreton Bay bug curry... mmm...) before Adam and I drove back to Brisbane.

Another day I walked the half an hour from Adam's apartment into the city to meet him and some work friends for lunch at one of those sushi train restaurants. It was nice except for the fact that he only invited me 10 minutes before I had to be there. I was quite happily lying on a banana lounge by the pool reading my book and soaking up some sun, when my phone rang. I quickly put some clothes on and headed to the city but they'd all pretty much finished eating by the time I got there. Oh well. It's always nice to remind people that I actually exist, I'm not a made-up girlfriend!!

I spent the rest of the day shopping and found a hot dress for my Spiegeltent gig. I always went into Allans (music store) and practiced the songs since Adam doesn't have a piano in his apartment.

The rest of the time I spent lounging by the pool, dealing with band emails (work doesn't stop when you go away) and practising songs on the tiniest little keyboard imaginable (the keys are like those on a kiddie keyboard).

So that was Brisbane, a nice change of scenery and a bit of a break from the insane Melbourne weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home