Sunday, November 26, 2006

Funny how things change.

I had to log straight back on after publishing that last post, because I am now grinning like a loon.

I signed out and quickly checked my email before shutting down, when I got this:

Hi Cara
For a start you have one of my favourite names ....
Thanks for your email and Im sorry I havent got back sooner.
Im quite taken by your offer and reckon we should have a go.
Im actually doing a show on ABC radio this Thursday
live from the Speigeltent . Have you got any time between
now and then ? Maybe you could do a song with me and see how we go .
What do you reckon ?
Mobile is 04XX XXX XXX or email.
Best wishes Rebecca x

Ok, the backstory. Quickly, because now I'm running late!

Last weekend I heard an Australian singer/songwriter who shall remain Rebecca, talking on the radio about her upcoming Speigeltent show in December. She mentioned she would love to get a piano player in. I was feeling particularly cheeky that day and decided to send her an email, offering my services. Sometimes I get these urges, and I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't at least ask.

I expected nothing to come of it, and so you can imagine my surprise at getting a response a week later. It sounds like she must be doing two Speigeltent shows, and wants to use the first one as a tryout for the second one. Maybe. I will have to chat to her when I have some time.

I sent a response saying thanks for making my day, and letting her know I have plenty of time on my hands since I "work from home". I am now bursting with excitement and nerves!! Yay!!

Ok really gotta fly... Espy calls!!
XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home